The Windows administrator will configure, install, and maintain system hardware and software in a Windows 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, and SQL server environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience working with installation and management of Windows 2008-2016, Active Directory, and virtual environments
- A+ and Network+ or Security+ required. MCSA or MCSE certifications are a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, people management and leadership skills
- Experience with Powershell, Batch, or VB scripting helpful
- Configure, install, and maintain system hardware and software in a Windows 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, and SQL Server environment.
- Support Windows 7 and 10 desktops, mobile devices and applications.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, OS patches and able to resolve software related issues.
- Solid aptitude using WSUS and Remote Desktop Server.
- Maintain daily server Event Logs and closely monitor server systems.
- Establish and maintain Organizational Units utilizing Group Policy.
- Strong foundation relating to installation and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and DNS Services.
- Solid understanding of TCIP/IP, routing and subnets.
- Hands on experience with Dell PowerEdge Servers, RAID/PERC controllers and iDRAC management tools.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Basic SQL Server administration, maintenance plans, and account security.
- Evaluate network vulnerability using auditing software and tools.
- Support Datto disaster recovery agents and log review.
- Manage Microsoft CAL’s for servers and applications.
- Hyper-V configuration, tuning and support.
- VM backup and recovery utilizing Datto disaster recovery software.
- Basic understanding of Cisco managed switches, SonicWALL firewalls and VLAN’s.
- Routinely perform network assessments and user audits.
- Document server roles and network architecture.
- Team oriented, self-motivated individual.
- Comfortable working with and sharing knowledge to fellow associates.