Our creative and energized engineering team is looking for an Integration Engineer to design and develop actuation and control systems for the Analytical Instruments business unit. The products involved are optical fiber based assemblies and instruments that are used in a wide range of industries including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, science and technology, telecommunications, metrology, and others.
This individual will play a key role in new product development projects. Responsibilities include research, design and development of new systems and devices which will be used to control, monitor and regulate Pharma or Biotech processes in Lab. or production environments. Additional responsibilities include overseeing test procedures, writing reports and making sure that the devices developed comply with quality standards and safety regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical, Control, or Mechanical Engineering
- Work Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with developing mechanical and/or electrical systems for bioprocess automation or laboratory instruments
- Experience with actuators, step motors, encoders, and motion controls. Experience with automated equipment in bioprocess, fabrication, manufacturing or other industries with high quality standards is also acceptable.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. FDA, USP, EU, GxP, ISO, etc.)
- Experience in using enterprise level software systems including MRP/ERP software, Confluence, Jira, and SharePoint
- Interest in keeping up with new technologies and ability to implement them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data, resolve issues, and think diagnostically
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute promptly to meet deadlines
- Able to design mechanical and electrical components/systems
- Hands-on experience in milling/lathe machining, electronic soldering, and wire/cable management
- Provide innovative and creative concepts or ideas in the development of analytical instruments for bio-pharma processes.
- Apply engineering principles and practices to assure quality of products.
- Perform detailed analysis to ensure product performance and reliability in addition to documenting the design, development, and validation processes.
- Design and execute test plans to verify the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of instruments, components, and systems.
- Prepare graphs and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing test data.
- Investigate and diagnose failures or faulty operations, and either implement engineering changes or provide recommendations to the service group.
- Support and/or supervise transfer of new product or product modifications to manufacturing.
- Searching, sourcing, obtaining quotation, and selecting materials and vendors.
- Communicate to suppliers and vendors with drawing specifications, tolerance, and special process steps.
- Produce solid models and detailed drawings of mechanical components and assemblies in CAD.
- Collaborate within multidisciplinary teams to contribute to and achieve project milestones and goals.